Poll

Who Will Advance?

Phoenix Suns
25 (65.8%)
Los Angeles Lakers
13 (34.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: 2007 Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (42-40) vs Phoenix Suns (61-21)~ Round 1.  (Read 8014 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

trade Lamar-Bynum for Jermaine Oneal

:puke:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Good win for LA, Phoenix so out of it, and Marion was playing like an idiot. Kobe took it to another level, now his teammates need to get a little more confident. Kwame played better than maybe ever. Sunday is gonna be nuts!

Yeah Phoenix seems like they forget how to play sometimes with a big lead. They lack killer instinct at times. But give all the credit to that Laker D and Kwame and Lamar stepping up HUGE. Can't wait for Game 4.

I'm def a bigger fan of Phoenix's style of play, but props due to LA's defense as well as Kobe going nuts in the 4th. I think Phoenix has that mindset that they can go on a big run at anytime of the game. The team was just not themselves last night, but mostly due to the Lakers play. When Nash is turning  the ball over like he was, the opposition has gotta be doing something right.

You're a fan of regular season success? Cuz Phoenix will NEVER be a playoff team with their fundamentally offending system. It may be fun for the casual fan, but the ones who know the game understand what I'm saying...PeACe

Nik, the "ones who know the game understand" that Kobe can't win by himself and that the Lakers never truly stood a chance in this series.  Kobe is an amazing player, one of the best ever, but you can't watch Nash and tell me he isn't better than Kobe right now.  When the Suns win the title this year, promise us all you will shut the fuck up, or better yet leave this site..........DEAL???

If the Suns win the title, I will shoot myself in the head and/or never watch basketball again.

LMAO@"you can't tell me Nash isn't better than Kobe right now". Nash isn't even the best on his team... ::)

GangstaBoogy

^^^^ to get a high quality player, we'll probably to give it up both.. anyway it's all speculation but I don't see the Buss family trading Bynum.. some of Lakers fan may be pleased with the organization but I'm not AT ALL..

Good to hear you talked like this....Us Laker fans should never accept mediocrity...fuck being a "Playoff Team" (put together a championship team)....fuck being "good enough to hang with the good teams"  ....4 out of the last 7 playoff games we've being blown out....that's unaccepteble..we need to sorround kobe with talent

3 years a go, we could of had Baron Davis,,lakers didn't do the trade

last year, Ron Artest...lakers didn't do it...

this season.....jason kidd....ddidn't do it...

I like bynum for dunking on shaq but if we could get a superstar for him then trade him..(along with lamar)

i like walton,,,but he's not good on defense...get G.Wallace from the bob cats....

And listening to Jim/Jerry Buss, Mitch.......it sounds like they are going to use the injury excuse to not make moves this summer...

Vlad, bynum, Farmar, Turiaf, have to be great next season or it's going to be a nother 45 win season..

I watched the game again & Gawdamn,these guys don't talk to each other on defense they looked lost..they're to slow....PLEASE MAKE MOVES TO IMPROVE THE TEAM,,JIM, JERRY, MITCH  :'( ...we need speed/athletic dudes to defend...kurt rambis said a couple months a go that almost everyone on this team wants to make an impact on offense not defense

Not getting Baron Davis was smart. If he was a solid PG that could actually stay healthy I really believe he would be the best PG in the league, but he's too injury prone.

Not getting Artest also turned out to be a smart movie. That guy can't stay out of trouble for shiet!

I love Gerald Wallace but he's as injury prone as Baron Davis.

Other than that I agree. It does sound like next season we will come back with this same team  :-[
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Why the hell would you want to get rid of Walton? He's a stand out player. Vlad Rad is the one that needs to go. One PG is all this team needs.
One PG is ALL we need ? I disagree on that, regarding the fact we'll not acquire a top 5 PG... there is no consistent down low on this team.. are you aware our game is 95% on the perimeter? jacking up 3s .. we even shot more 3s than the Suns yesterday ..

Are you aware that Kwame has been out more than half the season and is still playing on some battered ankles? Are you aware that Chris Mihm was out for the whole season? Are you aware that Bynum is quickly developing? You guys need to calm down. We had a good chance at winning 2 out of 3 games that we lost to the Suns in this series. If Lakers woulda' won yesterday, none of you would be saying this, and that's what I hate about ya'll...We were a missed call away from making a strong comeback on several occions. I was at the game. Every time the Lakers made a run and the momentum was shifting, the refs sucked the energy right out of the arena. The turning point for me was when the Lakers were making that strong run and Kwame had an And-1 to cut it to 8, I believe, but the refs called it a charge, Lakers got down on themselves, Suns ran back and hit a 3, and there's your 5 point switch+the game...Not saying the refs are the whole reason we lost, but if we woulda' won (and we had a chance), NONE of you would be bitching this much...PeACe

floatin_above_everything

Kwama, Cook & Mihm are bums they ain't nice. Brown is just not that good.

I like Bynum ALOT, next season I would like to see him get more minutes than Kwame. I also like Turiaf, but I dunno how effective he could be for a winning team.

It was obvious that Phoenix was gonna win this series, but 2 of the games were basically no contest, and I didn't expect that. I thought it was gonna be a series. Lakers need to rid themselves of Smush, Kwame and maybe even Odom. These guys attitudes suck and the Lakers need to put better players around Kobe if they want a shot. Maybe that, or they could beg to move to the East ;D

wcsoldier

trade Lamar-Bynum for Jermaine Oneal

:puke:
Man , being a huge fan doesn"t prevent being realistic.. You know as much as me you are going nowhere with this roster.. you stay positive , props for that.. but I'm very frustrated with this situation, we're the Lakers, we can't be satisfied with that.. Lamar and Bynum for Oneal is probably too much but sth has to happened this summer

floatin_above_everything

^^Agreed, O'Neal is not much of a team player, and he's not old, but he's getting there. His teams don't have much playoff success either. If any big men need to be traded, it's Kwame, Mihm, Cook or that moron Radmanovic. Stick with Bynum, he is this team future, and it's the smartest thing to have a young, explosive big man on your squad.

wcsoldier

Why the hell would you want to get rid of Walton? He's a stand out player. Vlad Rad is the one that needs to go. One PG is all this team needs.
One PG is ALL we need ? I disagree on that, regarding the fact we'll not acquire a top 5 PG... there is no consistent down low on this team.. are you aware our game is 95% on the perimeter? jacking up 3s .. we even shot more 3s than the Suns yesterday ..

Are you aware that Kwame has been out more than half the season and is still playing on some battered ankles? Are you aware that Chris Mihm was out for the whole season? Are you aware that Bynum is quickly developing? You guys need to calm down. We had a good chance at winning 2 out of 3 games that we lost to the Suns in this series. If Lakers woulda' won yesterday, none of you would be saying this, and that's what I hate about ya'll...We were a missed call away from making a strong comeback on several occions. I was at the game. Every time the Lakers made a run and the momentum was shifting, the refs sucked the energy right out of the arena. The turning point for me was when the Lakers were making that strong run and Kwame had an And-1 to cut it to 8, I believe, but the refs called it a charge, Lakers got down on themselves, Suns ran back and hit a 3, and there's your 5 point switch+the game...Not saying the refs are the whole reason we lost, but if we woulda' won (and we had a chance), NONE of you would be bitching this much...PeACe
We had to win game 1 but there is no question about yesterday, Suns outplayed us in the 2nd half.. plus having a shot at winning a game and actually winnning it is a huge difference... Kwame, Mihm can have nice games here and there but 1st they often injured, 2ndly they won't bring this consistency that will bring us to the next level... I'm just realistic and state facts

wcsoldier

^^Agreed, O'Neal is not much of a team player, and he's not old, but he's getting there. His teams don't have much playoff success either. If any big men need to be traded, it's Kwame, Mihm, Cook or that moron Radmanovic. Stick with Bynum, he is this team future, and it's the smartest thing to have a young, explosive big man on your squad.
1st yeah Mihm(FA), Cook ect have to be traded 1st but for they won't bring key players in exchange... then please stop arguing with Bynum being the future.. there is a player called Kobe who will turn 29, is on another level , we have to play for Championships now, not in 5 years..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

We had to win game 1 but there is no question about yesterday, Suns outplayed us in the 2nd half.. plus having a shot at winning a game and actually winnning it is a huge difference... Kwame, Mihm can have nice games here and there but 1st they often injured, 2ndly they won't bring this consistency that will bring us to the next level... I'm just realistic and state facts

If Mihm was on our team, we win games 1 and 4. How 'bout that? The thing that makes me mad about some Laker fans is the difference in their attitude when we win and when we lose. It's like night in day. If we won yesterday, everyone would be talking about how much this team is capable of... ::)

wcsoldier

The thing that makes me mad about some Laker fans is the difference in their attitude when we win and when we lose. It's like night in day.
it's because this team is the same on the court "like night in day".. as for me, I've never said we were going to win it all and then "fuck the lakers" , get ride of "him" ect.. I don't blame the players, most of them hustle to rep the LAL jersey with dignity.. don't get me wrong I like Lamar or Kwame games but I know this roster isn't enough to win a title.. and you know it too

Now_Im_Not_Banned

1st yeah Mihm(FA), Cook ect have to be traded 1st but for they won't bring key players in exchange... then please stop arguing with Bynum being the future.. there is a player called Kobe who will turn 29, is on another level , we have to play for Championships now, not in 5 years..

You act like Kobe is dying...He's 28 dude. When Kobe hits his 30s, the Kobe-Bynum tandem will be UNSTOPPABLE.

floatin_above_everything

Damn, Kobe's not even 30 yet :o

But, you don't think Bynum will improve next season? When the Lakers won the championships, Kobe needed Shaq. That low post precense is the most important thing in winning a championship.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

The thing that makes me mad about some Laker fans is the difference in their attitude when we win and when we lose. It's like night in day.
it's because this team is the same on the court "like night in day".. as for me, I've never said we were going to win it all and then "fuck the lakers" , get ride of "him" ect.. I don't blame the players, most of them hustle to rep the LAL jersey with dignity.. don't get me wrong I like Lamar or Kwame games but I know this roster isn't enough to win a title.. and you know it too

If the Golden State Warriors can advance over the Mavs, the NBA is wide open for the title this season. If we had our shit together, we could have very easily been major contenders, and you know it too...PeACe

wcsoldier

I guess we'll see how things turn in the off season and in the upcoming years.. we have different opinions on the situation of our teamand we will know who was right  ;)