Author Topic: DR. DRE - GRAND THEFT AUTO: THE CONTRACT EP (Official Discussion)  (Read 14783 times)

astra4322

Re: DR. DRE - THE CONTRACT EP (Official Discussion)
« Reply #165 on: January 01, 2022, 09:55:39 AM »
yeah it's a right clusterfuck, you think they'd have it together with this stuff it's not like Dre regularly releases music. his people promoting the release was deffo the biggest confusion so far, they didn't even know it wasn't official.
Exactly - even DJ Pooh promoted it in IG. They don’t know if it’s official or not? Seriously?

Mr. Sunshine

« Reply #166 on: January 01, 2022, 10:44:09 AM »
Exactly - even DJ Pooh promoted it in IG. They don’t know if it’s official or not? Seriously?

thats what i thought too, there are hanging everyday in the Studio with Dre, someone give him a call and asking, hey the GTA MUsic is out why you say nothing?
But thats how Media works, someone make a post, a other one reposted it and you have the salad

astra4322

« Reply #167 on: January 01, 2022, 10:49:10 AM »

thats what i thought too, there are hanging everyday in the Studio with Dre, someone give him a call and asking, hey the GTA MUsic is out why you say nothing?
But thats how Media works, someone make a post, a other one reposted it and you have the salad
Yeap, they repost and don’t even read it 🤦‍♂️

ez8o5

• 'G'
« Reply #168 on: January 01, 2022, 01:23:08 PM »
just got done listening to this and after not ever getting detox, this was a breath of fresh air

[media]https://youtu.be/LuvkTWD2Vwg[/media]

Sccit

« Reply #169 on: January 01, 2022, 07:48:28 PM »
i’ll say it again

i don’t think it was unofficial.. it was posted on the gta online channel

i believe gta released it with the TV masters before consulting with dre and that’s where the confusion happened

Mr. Sunshine

« Reply #170 on: January 02, 2022, 01:30:55 AM »
i’ll say it again

i don’t think it was unofficial.. it was posted on the gta online channel

i believe gta released it with the TV masters before consulting with dre and that’s where the confusion happened

we can speculate a lot
It was released under GTA Online and not under Rockstar Games (All Soundtracks are released under Rockstar Games https://music.apple.com/us/curator/rockstar-games/1161935873) on the 24. Dec thats Chistmas, Rockstar would have at least mentioned that like we updated The Radiostations or something like that, i mean its CHristmas the ruble is rolling...
Maybe someone from the GTA or Rockstargame upload the wrong files, but i don't think so, but when they put out Music exclusive from the Game, and new Music by Dr. Dre they have mentioned it too
and why it was listed under GTA Online?
one can guess a lot, i think we will get some information in the next Days!

No Artist tags without Feat.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

astra4322

« Reply #171 on: January 02, 2022, 01:43:33 AM »
It was uploaded by the fan. Rockstar has noting to do with it. This songs will never be released because that was the idea of GTA mission. Find the phone because it contains songs not meant to be released. Unmastered demo versions.

Jome

« Reply #172 on: January 02, 2022, 05:48:04 AM »
Some clues that this was not an official release:

* The Spotify-profile "GTA Online" had poor graphics and amateurish fan made album covers. Seems like the profile was done in 10 minutes.
* It also had only 336 followers, which seems absurd for the biggest brand name game in the world. It has 21.682 followers now, but the graphics are taken down, and so is the music.
* Like others mentioned, the mixing seems off, unbalanced, and hardly mastered. Andre Young would never give this the approval stamp, even for a mixtape.
* If you search for "GTA Online", you get various profiles in the search results, neither seems official, anybody can make a profile like that. Only "Rockstar Games" seem official.

The following users thanked this post: BJV, Sccit, Marco

Mr. Sunshine

« Reply #173 on: January 02, 2022, 07:55:37 AM »
Some clues that this was not an official release:

* The Spotify-profile "GTA Online" had poor graphics and amateurish fan made album covers. Seems like the profile was done in 10 minutes.
* It also had only 336 followers, which seems absurd for the biggest brand name game in the world. It has 21.682 followers now, but the graphics are taken down, and so is the music.
* Like others mentioned, the mixing seems off, unbalanced, and hardly mastered. Andre Young would never give this the approval stamp, even for a mixtape.
* If you search for "GTA Online", you get various profiles in the search results, neither seems official, anybody can make a profile like that. Only "Rockstar Games" seem official.

THX
as I said in my previous posts Rockstar Games! But still blatant (and with this story also very bold) that everyone can simply upload tracks to iTunes, Spotify etc. and they do not notice it!? well every artist can upload there music (in this case Dr. Dre and not only Anderson, Snoop, Busta, Eminem and the list goes on) but don't you have to give an account or something like that, or a verification in some form? ... especially when you think that the ep was in the iTunes CHarts Number 2, nobody noticed that? .... How much money did they make? You don't know how, for example, iTunes works, do they pay out at the end of the month for streams and purchases? It's always about the money, watch YouTube, some uploads have 200,000 streams, clicks etc.

The following users thanked this post: Jome

Sccit

« Reply #174 on: January 02, 2022, 08:13:32 AM »
THX
as I said in my previous posts Rockstar Games! But still blatant (and with this story also very bold) that everyone can simply upload tracks to iTunes, Spotify etc. and they do not notice it!? well every artist can upload there music (in this case Dr. Dre and not only Anderson, Snoop, Busta, Eminem and the list goes on) but don't you have to give an account or something like that, or a verification in some form? ... especially when you think that the ep was in the iTunes CHarts Number 2, nobody noticed that? .... How much money did they make? You don't know how, for example, iTunes works, do they pay out at the end of the month for streams and purchases? It's always about the money, watch YouTube, some uploads have 200,000 streams, clicks etc.

it’s mind boggling that a bootleg can survive on streaming platforms until they chart in this day in age

:francis:

The following users thanked this post: Jome, Okka, Marco

Orbyte

« Reply #175 on: January 02, 2022, 09:06:32 AM »
Someone from aftermath posted that it's fake on instagram.

Oh and other reasons why this release was unofficial:

* The songs weren't in stereo
* "The scenic route" outro was cut short.

Mr. Sunshine

« Reply #176 on: January 02, 2022, 09:32:07 AM »
it’s mind boggling that a bootleg can survive on streaming platforms until they chart in this day in age

:francis:

yeah, iTunes Spotify and co must also have a system something like Soundcloud, for example you load. up a beat of yours, but the system says there are samples or sometimes just drums, that is not possible, you have no rights to do so!

Mr. Sunshine

« Reply #177 on: January 02, 2022, 09:50:22 AM »
and at the end of the day I don't care about 5 of the 6 tracks!
ETA (Feat. Anderson .Paak, Snoop Dogg & Busta Rhymes) is the only one!but it Sounds like a Oxnard Leftover to me, Anywhere (Feat. Snoop Dogg & The Last Artful, Dodgr) also a J. LBS Production!

D-TalkX

« Reply #178 on: January 03, 2022, 01:24:28 PM »
Falling Up is dope

Definitely not mixed to Dre's standard but not sure why we are all bitching about this. Dre dropped some music...that's pretty awesome regardless of the circumstances.

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Okka

« Reply #179 on: January 04, 2022, 01:24:19 AM »

Is Pooh supposed to call Dre and ask him if he decided to release the shit? Not sure why this is so hard to believe.