Poll

Who Will Advance?

Phoenix Suns
25 (65.8%)
Los Angeles Lakers
13 (34.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: 2007 Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (42-40) vs Phoenix Suns (61-21)~ Round 1.  (Read 7959 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
From a neutral position, this game was pretty entertaining. Suns play some very entertaining offense when the defense is as non-existant as it was yesterday. Some sick assists by Nash followed by alley-oop power dunks and shit. Lakers were terrible for the most part.. Kobe had some odd turnovers, too.

The only positive thing the Lakers can have from this game is that now there is a chance that the Suns won't take them seriously anymore.

That being said, Lakers are not anywhere near to being the team they were with the great Shaquille O'Neal.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

That being said, Lakers are not anywhere near to being the team they were with the great Shaquille O'Neal.
well with this roster, they never will.. if we surround Kobe with a 2nd star and some good players, we gonna win some titles

BiG*WiCkEd

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • G'z Up*HoEz DoWn

And Laker fans (was one myself) are still in denial about their team.

Shoulda never let the big man go...!!
What Goes Around, Comes Around

My enemies deceased
Died like a bitch
When my album hit tha streetz
Niggas Can't C Me

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside

And Laker fans (was one myself) are still in denial about their team.

Shoulda never let the big man go...!!

Heat down 2-0 as well, The Big Man had to go, I'm a huge Shaq fan. I never owned a Kobe jersey, I owed a Shaq one, I never collected Kobe cards, but I got Shaq since he was a Magic. Trading Shaq was just business, it freed up cap room, it gave us Odom, and it started the transition to the future. Right now, the Lakers would be dying off, Horry is too old, Fox would retire and Fisher would still leave trying to leave the Laker's shadows, and the Lakers would get eliminated in the first round this year, and all the news would be the fall of the Lakers, not that the Lakers need parts to rebuild. It's that easy, trading Shaq freed up the future... so stop living in the past. Its strickly business.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

We can still do it...Time for the Suns to sleep. Lets take care of these next 2 at home. Remember, I said we'll win 2 out of the next 3 after game 1...Anyone think that's impossible? Cuz I don't.

Do what? it's gonna take a fucking miracle for the Lakers to win the series...this entire team needs to be overhauled in the summer...

I think the Suns will go to sleep, Lakers woke up (hopefully), and we'll win the next 2 at home...That will even the series out and make it up for grabs. Even before the loss, I said 2 of the next 3. Everyone knows it's easier to win home games. ;)

BiG*WiCkEd

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • G'z Up*HoEz DoWn
/\

Living in the past? How long has Kobe had to organize the game plan with the Lakers?

Yeah, Shaq is old...however look at both team's records? What were their standings last when the seasons ended? How far did each team get?

You muthafuckers still fail to see that the only thing Kobe is good for is building HIMSELF as a player. He has absolutely NOTHING to contribute to the Lakers.

My enemies deceased
Died like a bitch
Niggas Can't C Me

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
/\

Living in the past? How long has Kobe had to organize the game plan with the Lakers?

Yeah, Shaq is old...however look at both team's records? What were their standings last when the seasons ended? How far did each team get?

You muthafuckers still fail to see that the only thing Kobe is good for is building HIMSELF as a player. He has absolutely NOTHING to contribute to the Lakers.

Shaq is old, the Lakers in the early 2000's, had a better supporting cast, and Kobe had yet to come into his own yet. Now it's Kobe's time, it's just a matter of getting a team around him. You are living in the past dogg, the Lakers had to move forward, and they did. They are building, and trading Shaq made them better this year than if they kept Shaq, bottom line.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Let's forget and focus on Game 3... anything can happen , nobody thought the Suns were gonna come back from a 3-1 deficit so you never know.. even if it's very frustrating (woke up at 4.30 am to watch this game  :D..). It's obvious we're not at the same level we were last year, both as team and indivuals players, when the Suns have added Amare in the middle.. if we go on playing like this, we'll be swept but I know some players gonna react and defend Lakers pride.. plus it's an usual thing in the playoffs, when a team is down 2-0 and has been destroyed in the 2nd game, game 3 is often won by this team..

Were not on the same level as last year as individual players? We have a better roster on paper this year, man...It's the mentality we came into the playoffs with that's killing us. Last year, we went in with an 11-3 record (in our last 14 games). This year, we came into it down on ourselves...Now ask yourself, do you really believe our talent has subsided that much this year? The additions of Farmar, Evans, Turiaf, Radman, and the emergence of Luke and Bynum IMPROVED us talentwise...But we just cant get over that mental hump. Hopefully, this did it for us. :-\

And does anyone else miss Chris Mihm as much as I do? I mean, last year you couldn't feel his absence as much, cuz Kwame was playing his game and tearing it up. This year, with the injuries and what not, Kwame has been lacking and we've been hurting majorly on the inside. Phil really needs to give Turiaf and Bynum more minutes...I mean, Bynum got 9 points (4-7 FG) and 12 rebounds in only 17 minutes...And Turiaf only came in the game when it was already over...That's a little upsetting.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Let's not forget the conference semifinals in 2004. Lakers were down 2-0 and won the next 4 games versus San Antonio. 8) Admittedly the Lakers aren't as good as they were 3 years ago, but the Suns aren't as good as the Spurs either.

Someone knows what's up. :rock:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 12:00:20 PM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

/\

Kobe has nothing to contribute to the Lakers? BWAHAHAHAHAHA....Muthafucka single-handedly willed a team made mostly of D-League prospects into the playoffs! If you're gunna make bold claims, at least check that thay make sense beforehand. Keeping Shaq woulda' been the dumbest thing possible for the Lakers...Shaq on these Lakers instead of Kobe would make us one of the worst teams ever. :puke:

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
lmao...peace out lakers

Wanna bet your account on that?

lol..you wanan bet your account?

Looks like the Lakers arn't doin anything.

I was a little nervous for you guys yesterday when it looked like Bryant rolled his ankle
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Now_Im_Not_Banned

And Laker fans (was one myself)

Ohhhhh...Now everything makes sense.

:banana_llama: RIDIN THE BANDWAGGON :banana_llama:

BiG*WiCkEd

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • G'z Up*HoEz DoWn
/\

Shaq is old, the Lakers in the early 2000's, had a better supporting cast, and Kobe had yet to come into his own yet. Now it's Kobe's time, it's just a matter of getting a team around him. You are living in the past dogg, the Lakers had to move forward, and they did. They are building, and trading Shaq made them better this year than if they kept Shaq, bottom line.

Miss me with that Shaq is old bullshit. You're using a weak arguement to cover Kobe's weakness as a contributer to the Lakers. We're talking about the Lakers as a team, and you're saying it's a matter of time for Kobe to lead this into an organized, successful group?

My enemies deceased
Died like a bitch
Niggas Can't C Me

GangstaBoogy

/\

It's not his fault that his teammates suck.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

a weak arguement to cover Kobe's weakness as a contributer to the Lakers.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Never stop posting man.